Zoom back in time to your first kiss, probably your first love. WOW! You were twitterpated. Had butterflies. Couldn't eat. That love permeated and consumed every bit of you. Looking back, he or she was probably just a pimply faced teenager, but you were in love and that was all that mattered!
Whether puppy love or genuine love-of-your-life love, nothing surpasses the ecstasy of first love. Can you recall the beginning of your love relationship with the Lord? How did you feel and act? It is intriguing to note that in all of God's relationships with man since time began the most important thing He wants from us is to love Him (Matthew 22:37). He beckons us to return to our first love (Revelation 2).
Can you recapture that pinnacle of closeness, the whole-hearted oneness with your Creator and Savior? Perhaps you have never known that yet. Now is a great time to start! He is always there beckoning us to believe, receive and love Him.
God does not expect us to conjure up mushy feelings from nowhere. But instead to live the love we profess. When we once thrilled at the pinnacle of passion, the height of our first love, what did we do? Perhaps the list looked something like this:
- He is the last thought on my mind before I go to sleep and the first thing when I awake
- I want to be with him all the time
- I love talking to him
- I love listening to Him
- I love talking about him
- I have reminders of Him everywhere
- I love making Him happy
- Can't get enough of those love songs!
- I love remembering all things he has said to me
- It makes me feel good to think about Him
- Nothing else in the whole wide world matters compared to Him
- I would do anything for Him, even die
- I want to live as if this were my last day with Him
Finally, consider this, would you do anything differently today if you knew this was your last day with Him? Let us never take His eternal love for granted!