How would you respond if you were offered a free gift card, good for anything and everything you would ever need?! Totally paid for by the Giver. Also available to anyone else who wanted one. No limits. No expiration date. The only requirement is that to get it, you have to ask for it in the name of the Giver. How would you respond?
Here are some popular responses:
* “That's pretty narrow.”
* “I don't believe it.”
* “I don't want to be obligated to Anyone, just free to do whatever I want.”
* “I insist on working for it.”
* “I got my own thing going.”
* “I can't receive that because I'm not good enough.”
* “Had a similar offer…can't trust gift card people.”
* “Maybe in a few years. Ask me later…”
* “Wow. Yes! Hard to believe, but I sure want that. And I want to know the Giver.”
God tells us, “The wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Receiving or refusing the “gift card” and its Giver is the biggest step of faith you could ever take, and it will determine where you spend eternity. Personally, I have no regrets. And the best is yet to come!